Day Sixty-Nine (I know, ew)
Progress, though it be small, on the job front: I now have a phone interview on Wednesday for a UCLA job. The supervisor is, apparently, really into efficiency and really not into actual human contact, since she (a) asked for the aforementioned phone interview instead of a real interview and (b) emailed me in response to my phone call, rather than doing the polite thing and simply returning the call. But I can understand her reasoning, because if she'd actually called me back, the conversation could have easily turned into a full-on phone interview, and that wasn't supposed to happen until Wednesday. The whole system would have been thrown into chaos. Blood would start falling from the sky and babies would be born with dragon's tails. It's a slippery slope.
During my tenure at the Coffee Bean today, I hammered out some ideas for my Joan of Arcadia script. Tomorrow I plan to stare at said ideas at great length while my eyes glaze over and I begin to wonder why I didn't do a Without a Trace instead. A good time will be had by all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home