Day Seventy-Two
Good news: the UCLA people I phone-interviewed with yesterday want me to come in for an in-person interview next week. So, either I'm one of their top picks or they just want to humiliate me with some pies and seltzer bottles. I'd prefer if it was the first one, but then again, I haven't had pie in a while.
It gets complicated, though, because they want me to provide a business writing sample. And sure, I did plenty of business writing at USA, but I wasn't smart enough to take any of it with me. So I'm really, really hoping that my boss' file cabinets haven't been shipped off to remote storage in Outer Mongolia yet, because I'm going to need to comb those files for the best corporate bullshit writing I did during my tenure there. I'll probably go over there Monday. It'll also give me a chance to check in with all my coworker buddies who haven't been laid off (yet, anyway), so that will be cool too.

3 Comments:
Dude. You had pie, like, last week. At Mani's. I was there. If you don't remember it, perhaps it's time to crank up those meds....
-rs
You ruined my incredibly clever joke! You are banned from the blog! The blog is dead to you!
i still think it was a clever joke, nick. rossanna is a naysayer. she should have The NaySayers Blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home