Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Day Seventy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETI

Anyway. I saw this play with Rossanna tonight called Heathen Valley and it was very good. In a nutshell, it's about people bringing religion to this remote Appalachian valley and how at first it goes really well but eventually it goes terribly wrong. (Just like the Lethal Weapon films.) In true Actor's Studio fashion, there were no sets and almost no props. There was, however, a musical score, provided by two people sitting off to the side with a guitar and a violin. And I think the music made more of a difference in setting the scene than actual scenery would have. So there you go.

Before the show we got gelato at this place on Melrose (I don't remember what the actual name of it was; there's a sign outside that says "GELATO HERE," which is really all you need, I guess) and it was good enough to make me wonder if they were using actual raw eggs in it. (For anyone unfamiliar with this, genuine Italian gelato tastes freaking incredible because they use raw eggs in the mix; and since our draconian FDA doesn't allow raw eggs to be served in anything, there's basically no way for American gelato (or any kind of American ice cream) ever to measure up to Italian gelato.) I think it's around the 7200 block of Melrose. We both had Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch and it was awesome.

Oh, and I have more job news. A rep from the UCLA computer science department called me today in response to my resume (without my even having called her) and asked me to come in and interview on Friday. Being the geek that I am, a job in the computer science department would probably be right up my alley, but we'll see. I don't actually know how to program (except for HTML, which isn't really programming) but the job doesn't seem to require it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home