Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Day Seventy-Eight

You know what freaks me out a little? When I'm lying in bed at 3:30 AM on a weeknight, and I hear someone walk by outside my apartment building. I don't know what kind of people are out walking around at that time, and I'm not sure I want to. It's just the kind of thing that triggers my otherwise dormant paranoia reflexes.

Anyway, I went out to the Arclight to see Hero with Alex (friend, former USA coworker and fellow aspiring TV writer) and when I got back I found an email from the contact person for the UCLA job I interviewed for yesterday. (Remember, the interview wherein I failed to follow the proper procedure for bursting into 80's power ballads.) She said I'm now one of two "outstanding candidates" they're considering and she wanted my references and salary requirements. The plot is starting to thicken. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, because (a) the last time I was one of two "outstanding" people considered for a job, I didn't get it and (b) getting a job will inevitably mean the end of the Unemployment Blog. I guess I can always start the Employment Blog, but that just doesn't make as much sense.

The season premiere of Scrubs was awesome. The highly-touted computer-animated adult cartoon show Father of the Pride, not so much. In a behind-the-scenes thing at the end, they said it takes 9 months to make a single episode. I think they should spend those nine months making better shows. Or having a baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karri Bowman said...

ah..a reference to an apartment here. i guess the engagement is off.

YOU BASTARD!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Karri Bowman said...

oh and i don't see why the blog has to suffer just because you get a job, mister selfish.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home