Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Day Seventy-Seven

There I was in this posh office building on Wilshire, sitting at a conference table with 6 people interviewing me. It's times like those when the human being can't help but ponder the bigger questions such as, "If I jumped up on this conference table and started belting out Journey songs, would that in any way affect my chances of getting this job?" And the answer is, no, that would just be silly. The proper thing to do is simply to sit at the table in a comfortable but alert position, listen carefully to the questions, and then respond appropriately by belting out Journey songs.

UCLA interviewer: Most of your recent positions have been relatively short-term. In your next position are you looking for something more stable?

Me: Well, that was just the reality of working in the entertainment industry, because jobs there tend to be HERE WE STAND, WORLDS APART HEARTS BROKEN IN TWO, TWO, TWOOOOOO. SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, LOSING GROUND I'M REACHING FOR YOU, YOU, YOUUUUUU.

But you know, hindsight's always 20-20. I'll do better next time.

Need to get working on the time travel play. But Amazing Race is on the Tivo, and it gets very cross if I leave it on there too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home