Thursday, September 02, 2004

Day Seventy-Nine

Sometime in the mid-afternoon today I was hit with a mild termite infestation in the kitchen. They started coming down into the fluorescent light fixture, crawling out through the cracks, and either falling down onto the kitchen floor or flying into the living room. I killed pretty much every one that flew down, but I could see that they were going to keep coming. As of now there aren't any in the kitchen or even in the light fixture, but I know they'll be back. They always come back. This happened a couple years ago, and it wasn't fun.

So this time, it's personal.

I started doing some Google research to find out what kills termites (aside from that awful gas which never seems to work). First of all, there's the echidna (or anteater), which is kind of cute but is probably expensive, illegal, and costly and time-consuming to take care of. Do you know anyone with a pet echidna? Me neither.

However, continuing the extensive Google research, I found a carnivorous plant that specializes in eating termites. And then I found one for sale on eBay. One bid and it was mine.

Revenge is sweet, and you can get it for just $18 including shipping. Enjoy your last days, termites.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karri Bowman said...

um...termites is a bad bad thing. you should tell your landlord. or if you own a house, you should marry me.

oh shit, wait. what were we talking about?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home